1. Information We Collect
We collect information directly from you, from your use of our Services (the Fabi solution), and from associated third parties.
a. Information You Provide to Us
When you use our Services, we may collect the following types of information:
- Account Information: We collect and store information when you create an account, such as your name, and email address.
b. Information We Collect Automatically
When you use our Services, we may automatically collect information about your usage, and corresponding information, such as:
- Usage Information: We collect and store information about your interactions with our Services, including the date and time of access, features used, and any errors encountered.
- Conversations with Fabi: We collect and store the content of your conversations with Fabi through Slack messages, including both your messages and Fabi’s response.
- SQL code: We collect and store the SQL queries when you interact with Fabi.ai.
- Context text: We collect and store the context text you provide to Fabi.
- Data warehouse meta information: We collect and store database schema information and tables you authorize Fabi to access.
c. Information We DO NOT Collect
When you use our Services, we may retrieve data records from your data warehouse and surface them to a UI like Slack. We DO NOT store or retain any records from your data warehouse.
2. How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect to:
- Provide and improve our Services, including syncing your conversation data with your data store's schema and executing queries in your data warehouse.
- Communicate with you about our Services, including providing customer support and sending updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- Monitor and analyze usage trends and preferences to improve our Services and develop new features.
- Protect the security and integrity of our Services and prevent unauthorized access, fraud, or abuse.
3. Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with third parties under the following circumstances:
- With your consent or at your direction, such as when you choose to share information with third-party platforms like Slack.
- With service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as cloud storage providers and AI LLM providers. We require our service providers to protect your information and use it only for the specific services they provide.
- For legal, protection, and safety purposes, such as to comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal processes, protect our rights and property, and ensure the safety of our users and others.
4. Data Retention
We retain your information for as long as necessary to provide our Services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Data Security
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction. These measures include implementing access controls, using encryption, and conducting regular security assessments. However, no security system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you via email, phone, physical mail, or by posting on your Service account page - so that you can take appropriate protective steps.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we collect about you, depending on your jurisdiction and applicable laws, which may include the following:
- Access: You have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you.
- Rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccuracies in your personal information or complete any incomplete personal information.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we delete your personal information, subject to certain legal exceptions.
- Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information under certain conditions, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or when the processing is unlawful.
- Objection: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or when the processing is based on legitimate interests.
- Withdraw Consent: If we process your personal information based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise your rights or to learn more about your privacy choices, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 9. We may require you to provide additional information to verify your identity before we can process your request.
Please note that exercising some of these rights may affect your ability to use our Services, and we may be unable to fulfill certain requests due to legal obligations or other exceptions under applicable laws.
7. International Data Transfers
We may transfer your personal information to countries outside your country of residence, including to the United States. We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection when transferred to other countries, such as implementing Standard Contractual Clauses or relying on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
9. Contact Information